Life Admin · Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to the Manager, Life Administration, the incumbent will calculate and prepare billing and claim statements for our A&H portfolio. This includes adjudicating incoming A&H claims and determining validity against treaty parameters. The incumbent will also analyze, validate and process incoming Life statements on Administrative systems. Often these functions are more complex in nature and will require detailed review, trending, and analysis. This role builds upon established reinsurance administration expertise to ensure efficient delivery of quality output to reinsurers and clients.
- Calculate and prepare outgoing A&H client invoices and statements for both premiums and claims.
- Prepare financial reporting for internal and external clients.
- Execute a variety of reinsurance processes currently done using MS Access databases and/or MS Excel worksheets. Develop and enhance a variety of MS Excel worksheet processes.
- Review, analyze and process incoming Life client statements on administration systems. Ensuring client data is accurate and consistent with treaty parameters.
- Perform data trending analysis and ensure data quality through various analytical tools and reports.
- Support running of monthly and quarterly administration cycles by reviewing and processing cycle exceptions and reporting, with accountability for process review and oversight.
- Provide support to Claims, Underwriting and Valuation teams as needed.
- Complete assigned projects as required, performing data analysis and prescribed documentation.
- Respond to ad hoc internal and external client requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Intermediate experience with MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, tactful and good judgment and the ability to interact with clients and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- 1-3 years claims processing/validation knowledge.
- 1-3 years insurance/reinsurance knowledge.
- A&H knowledge preferred.
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a background in business, mathematics or economics.
- Reinsurance professional qualifications (FLMI, ALHC and/or other insurance industry designations), equivalent experience or willingness to take industry courses.
To find out more about this position or to apply, please click here.