Posting – Vice President, Commercial Liability
Reporting to the President, the Vice President, Commercial Liability, is responsible for the development, execution and management of the Company’s property and casualty book, underwriting strategies, product framework and operational capabilities
The incumbent will be an innovative and resourceful leader with excellent communication skills and be confident working in a start-up environment with the ability to seamlessly balance both strategic leadership and operational responsibilities.
- Establish a forward-thinking product and underwriting strategy and translate it into realistic action plans. Includes short and long term objectives supporting product and rate development, administration platform, operating procedures, budgets and broker distribution plan and service level agreements.
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of underwriting activities and analyze business performance and trends to reduce inefficiencies and drive process improvements.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key broker partners to differentiate RMA and create a competitive advantage.
- Lead ongoing enhancements to the underwriting process, including changes to ensure optimal efficiency while maintaining appropriate risk tolerance.
- Identify, analyze and report on known and emerging industry trends and risks.
- Ensure the Company is in full compliance with underwriting policies and procedures as well as industry regulations.
- Establish and implement proper processes, controls and resources to consistently meet client service standards.
- Establish a high level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with peers, external business partners and other key stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and strategic input on business matters affecting the Company.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial general and professional liability underwriting and business development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- FCIP designation.
- Unrestricted RIBO license would be an asset.
Experience and Expertise
- Extensive network of relationships with top commercial brokers and industry groups.
- Proven experience at the management level from a well-regarded commercial P&C insurance company.
- An exceptional reputation as an underwriting technician.
- Strong understanding of P&C regulatory requirements, expectations and business impacts.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the products, tools, systems and regulations pertinent to managing a business portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute and defines success by establishing clear goals and measuring against them.
- Experienced roll-up-your-sleeves strategist with the ability to profitably grow a business through innovative strategies.
- Advanced communicator who can work comfortably at all levels of the company and easily communicate to other external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, create new solutions, and think analytically.
- Previous start-up experience would be an asset.
If interested in the above position, please click here to submit your resume.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
RMA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.